Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fine! i'll post it :P

Dear Friends,
I have been begged to let people read my Graduation speech ;) So, here it is in a very rough draftish form. If you have any Any ANY suggestions, please give me your ideas, comments, suggestions, whatever... :)


-GRAD SPEECH-

Wow! I made it! That is the first thought that comes to my head as I graduate. The second thing is, “Ugh, four years of college!”
Hi! If you don’t know me well, my name is Marilla DiNatale: I am 18 years old, and the 2nd out of Robert and Karen DiNatale’s six children. I have been raised by Christian parents, although I did not accept the Lord as my personal Savior until I was around 12. Since then, the Lord has become a HUGE part of life, and I gratefully claim Him as the Lover of my Soul. Many people have influenced my life. I have had countless adults mentor me as I have grown up. I have had so many precious friends who have given me love, laughter, and poured time into me. Thank you Jazzy, Lydia, Lydia, Katy, Andrea, Abigail, Ronna, Mel, Anne Marie, Hillary, Heidi, Megan, Hannah, Abby, Rosie, Anna, Melissa, Stacey, Syd, John, Phil, Joe, Chris, Evan, David, Moses, Jake, and many, many more…
However, as important as my friends are, my family ranks first. My family is the most crazy, amazing family in the world, and I thank God for giving me each and every one of my family members. Thank you, Mom and Dad for the prayers, the rides, the support, the coaching, and “the lectures” - yes, even the ones that never seemed to end!
 I want to thank my best friend - my sister, Katy for spending time with me, yelling at me, whispering and laughing with me late into the night when everyone else is asleep, planning all our friend’s futures, and trying not to worry about our own. I love you. Thank you, Mrs. Ashkenasy for discipling and reminding me to focus on the Lord and not on those around me. Thank you, Lydia Williams - my prayer partner, what would I do without you! Thank you for praying with me, for letting me cry on the phone, telling you all my problems, even when you are busy and could be doing something else, I thank God for you.
Thank you also to the innumerable Sunday School teachers, and AWANA leaders, who have shared the gospel with and put up with my childish shenanigans. Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. McGee, for teaching all the “kids” in the Heartbeat Mime Troupe all those the mime principles. Thank you for the time and energy you have put into us, we appreciate it. Also, thank you to the Barringers who sacrificed so much time and money to teach me and so many others drama skills.
Well, enough with the thank- you’s -- what am I going to do with the rest of my life? I have no idea! I will be at Chabot next year, and probably the next,  and after that I am not completely sure. I have no concrete major as of yet, although I am pursuing quite a few ideas. For now though, I am waiting to see where the Lord leads me.


HELP!!! give me feedback :)
Thanks...
With love,
Marilla

2 comments:

  1. I really really like it! By the way I have been around your blog. Sorry I haven't really commented on anything. I'm just so busy. But anyways, I really like your graduation speech and I am looking forward to being there. You are such an amazing friend and I'm just going to say what I love about you most is your enthusiasm with everything. The Lord is going to do great things through you. I am sure of it. See you on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you :) I needed that right now...

    ReplyDelete