Dear Friends,
What is love?
1 Corinthians 13
If I could speak in any language in heaven or on
earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a
loud gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew
all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but
didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of
faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without
love I would be no good to anybody.
If I gave everything I have to the poor and even
sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I
would be of no value whatsoever.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or
boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not
irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged.
It is never glad about injustice but
rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
Love never gives up, never loses faith, is
always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Love will last forever,
but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and
special knowledge will all disappear.
Now we know only a little, and even the gift
of prophecy reveals little!
But when the end comes, these special gifts will
all disappear.
It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and
thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish
things.
Now we see things imperfectly as in a
poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All
that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely,
just as God knows me now.
There are three things that will endure--faith,
hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.
This = Love by the Script
It’s in the eyes of the children
As they leave for the very first time
And it’s in the heart of the soldier
As he takes a bullet on the front line
It’s in the face of a mother
As she takes the force of a blow
And its in the hands of the father yeah
As he works his fingers to the bone yeah...
As they leave for the very first time
And it’s in the heart of the soldier
As he takes a bullet on the front line
It’s in the face of a mother
As she takes the force of a blow
And its in the hands of the father yeah
As he works his fingers to the bone yeah...
This is why we do it this is worth the pain
This is why we bow down and get back up again
This is where the heart lies, this is from above
Love is this, this is love...
This is why we bow down and get back up again
This is where the heart lies, this is from above
Love is this, this is love...
“To love at all is to be
vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly
broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart
to no one, not even to an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and
little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket or
coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket- safe, dark, motionless,
airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable,
impenetrable, irredeemable.”
~C.S. Lewis
It's taken me a long time to come to a place
where I understand Christ's love, but I am slowly learning how great His love
is, and what my relationship with Him can be, and it is SO exciting! :) My
prayer is that you will join me in my love relationship with my Jesus Christ
<3
With love,
Marilla
I'd be more than happy to join you. ;)
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDelete